Stay Safe Online
Follow these rules from McGruff.org
- If you see a website, email, or anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, talk to your parents or an adult you trust about it right away.
- Never give out personal information like your name, telephone number, address, email, or school name.
- Never meet someone face-to-face that you know only from the Internet. Remember that the people you chat with online may not be who they say they are.
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know – the emails may be spam that could give your computer a virus.
Check with your parents before you buy anything online.
- Ask your parents before you download music or movies – it’s illegal to download some of the things you find online.
Five interactive eBooks that give kids hands-on experience in navigating the online world in a safe, controlled environment. Titles include: Stopping Cyberbullying, Avoiding Predators Online, Protecting Your Privacy Online, Using Social Networks, and Playing Games Online.