Reserves may be placed on all items that the library system owns except: DVDs, videos, and reference books. You may reserve items by:
- Filling out a Reserve Request Card
- Phoning in a request to the library
- Placing a reserve electronically
To place reserves electronically you will need:
- Your Lower Merion Library System barcode
- A Password
Ask for a password at the main desk of any Lower Merion library You choose your password. Passwords may be any combination of letters or numbers, but they must be from 4-10 characters with no spaces. Passwords are case sensitive ONLY when logging onto the Lower Merion Internet Computers. Library staff will not be able to see your password. You may change your password yourself by accessing your account from your home computer and clicking on “Change Password.” You may also change your password by going in person to any of the six Lower Merion libraries.
Click on On-Line Catalog to search for the item you want
- Type author, title or subject in the Quick Library Search box and click, "GO".
- Click on "Availability" to show system copies
- Change type of search by clicking on the pull-down arrow in the "search by" box
- Use the tabs on the blue Polaris graphic. Click on either "Keyword", "Browse", "Phrase", or "Advanced".
Placing Reserves from Home
- Once you have found the item you wish to reserve, click on “ Place Request”
- Type in your Lower Merion Library System Barcode number and your Password
- Use the drop-down menu to select the library where you want to pick-up the reserve item
- Click on “Submit Request” --You should see “Request Placed Successfully”
You will be notified either by email or by automated telephone message when your library material is available for you to pick up. Please pick up your material within three days of receiving notification, otherwise it will be returned to the shelves or made available to the next patron who has reserved it.
If the Lower Merion Library System does not own the item you wish, please inquire about an Inter-library Loan.